Monday, June 09, 2008

MS-150


Thank you, supporters! We raised $2.7 million for the event overall, with the Capella Cruisers teaming up with 50+ riders, several volunteers and pledges for the team exceeding $28,000. Some pics from below. Met new friends Andre S., Jorje G. (same bike!), and new co-workers. I also saw Ryan last year, a fellow rider that has MS. He was able to ride on the first day. Good job Ryan, I admire you.

Moppy was my mascot, donated from Patrick and Jessica. Demonstrating that scholarly research is part of the cure, she still evoked the lighter side of the ride. "Your girlfriend is hot," "Your helper is not pedaling," and "Oh my gosh I thought she was real!" were common comments...lots of smiles. It was worth the extra weight. And she never complained once.

The Capella Cruisers had fun tent in Hinkley and it was well-organized with a fun group of Capella workers and their friends/family. I hope next year will build off of our expanding success. Excellent work, riders & captains!



And more pics from A.A.

No comments: