Thursday, March 13, 2008

Big Dummy Ordered

G.O. at One on One Bicycle Studio was able to locate a frame for me...might come this Friday. I predict that 2008 will be the year of the utility bike. Look for continued excitement in the media, more long-tails showing up on the streets, and more positive trends for bikes as transportation and utilities. The image below is from surlybikes.com; visit the Frames section.

"...it hauls your groceries, tools, human and animal friends, surfboard, work duds, briefcase, vacuum cleaner, firewood, moonshine, camping gear, banjo, mulch, and anything else you can imagine, while providing the functionality, durability, and sweet ride characteristics that Surly bikes are known for. Use the Big Dummy for commuting to work, running errands, taking the kids to school, farm/yard work, touring, or just riding around cuz it’s fun."


P.S. I couldn't sleep today and woke up at 2:30 a.m. thinking about it. Guess it's time to ride to work....

The first photo is from the Surly blog. The next photo is not mine. Credit to Mountain Bike Review.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man o man I would like to have a BD, but it's too pricey for me. At the moment, even an Extracycle kit is too much. I'm hoping that I'll be able to fix up one of my bikes sometime this summer. Then we can go cargo riding.

Scott