Sunday, August 12, 2007

100 Mile Bike Trip

Here is an English century (going 100 miles on one day). Today I wrote Slurpy, my fixed gear bike. The group was Dublestylee, Philbilly, Atomkinder, Chelsea, and The Other Scott plus me. No one had any mechanical problems on the group ride, and we all pretty much rode the same speed. Averaged 16 mph. I hit 104 miles. I didn't get sore or any pains except the bottom of my feet. What a great accomplishment for everyone.


Dublestylee put together the map, which took us from the Stone Arch Bridge through White Bear Lake to Marine on St. Croix at the Minnesota/Wisconson border. We took a break there and had lunch at Roberta's. It was a good group. No incidents except an isolated pickup jerk, and a minor dropout wheel problem I had. This was all new territory for me, including the Gateway Trail on the way back. Good weather and a great day to complete this feat.


No comments: