Saturday, February 03, 2007

Dressing for Success








How does someone dress for a 3-hour outdoor bike race? In the winter? When windchill is MINUS 35F and the high temp of the day is only -2F? That's the forecast for today on Stupor Bowl Saturday! Yeah! Check out My overall clothing scheme. Really, with a little planning, anyone can enjoy cold winter weather very comfortably. You can do it! There's nothing like riding out in sub-zero temps and being "dressed for success" because you will feel like you have super powers!

On really cold days like today I wear most but not all of those layers. You can see all the stuff in the bag (I really don't take the first aid kit, but it's a good idea in theory). Finally, here is my night visibility stuff.

Later this month I'm going to assist with a winter commuting clinic, so I'm thinking about putting together a pamphlet. I'd be interested in hearing your comments for what you like to use for cold weather riding.

No comments: