Monday, January 01, 2007

Edina Polar Bear Ride




Today was a great day for biking. Thanks to Steve Rusk, leader of the Bike Edina Task Force and also to the Hiawatha Bicycling Club, we had a great group ride. Pictured in the large group (click photo to expand) are Barry, Mark, Steve, Janis, Dan, Troy, Kirk, Charley Brown (dog), and Jim.

Prior to the ride, I received my training session with Steve for the Rider Leader Guideliness. Hans delivered it. I then had my first ride as a leader in training under the tutelage of Janice/Dan.

The temp was in the low 30s, perfect for creating a variety of surfaces: Slushy, powdery, watery, icey, and other. I don't think anyone dumped a bike. It was a good time and I'm looking forward to more group rides. One of our hopes for 2007 is increased visibility for biking activities in Edina as resident bikers become a closer community.

No comments: